Ahmedabad Metro is a mass rapid transit system serving the twine cities Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India.
- Project Name: Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Gujarat
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- No. of Phases: 2
- Project Cost: INR 16,157.17 Crore
- Status: Operational - March 4, 2019
- Completion Target: 2021 (Phase-I)
Operational Network: Length - 6.5 km | Stations - 6
Ahmedabad Metro Rail Network
Phase I (Project Cost: INR 10773.00 Crore)
Line 1 (East-West Corridor): Vastral Gam - Thaltej Gam
- Total length: 21.16 km
- No. of Stations: 17
- Operational: 6.5 km (Vastral Gam, Nirant Cross Road, Vastral, Rabari Colony, Amraiwadi and Apparel Park).
- Under Construction: 14.66 km (Kankaria East, Kalupur Railway Station, Ghee Kanta, Shahpur, Old High Court, Stadium, Commerce Six Road, Gujarat University, Gurukul Road, Doordarshan Kendra and Thaltej Gam).
Line 2 (North-South Corridor): Motera Stadium - APMC
- Total length: 18.87 km
- No. of Stations: 15
- Proposed Stations: Motera Stadium, Sabarmati, AEC, Sabarmati Railway Station, Ranip, Vadaj, Vijaynagar, Usmanpura, Old High Court, Gandhigram, Paldi, Shreyas, Rajivnagar, Jivraj Park, APMC.
Ahmedabad Metro Phase II
Project Cost: INR 5,384.17 Crore
Line 2 Extension: Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir - 22.84 km
- Total length: 22.84 km
- No. of Stations: 20
- Proposed Stations: (Motera Stadium), Koteshwar Road, Vishwakarma College, Tapovan Circle, Narmada Canal, Koba Circle, Juna Koba, Koba Gam, GNLU, Raysan, Randesan, Dholakuva Circle, Infocity, Sector 1, Sector 10A, Sachivalaya, Akshardham, Juna Sachivalaya, Sector 16, Sector 24, Mahatma Mandir.
Line 2 Extension: GNLU to GIFT City
- Total length: 5.416 km
- No. of Stations: 2
- Proposed Stations: PDPU, GIFT City
Major Contract Awarded
- Systra-RITES-Oriental-AECOM JV: General Consultancy
- Hyundai Rotem: Supply of 96 Rolling Stock coaches (32 train sets).
- Nippon Signal Co. Ltd, Japan: Supply of Signalling System
- URC Construction: Construction of Apparel Park depot
- Gannon Dunkerly-PSPO JV: Construction of Gyaspur depot
- J Kumar Infraprojects: Construction of 6 km viaduct between Vastral Gam-Apparel Park
- DRA-CICO JV: Construction of 6 stations between Vastral Gam-Apparel Park
- Afcons Infrastructure: Construction of 2.45 km Tunnels & 2 Stations between East Ramp-Kalupur
- Larsen & Toubro: Construction of 4.38 km Tunnels & 2 Stations between Kalupur-West Ramp
- Tata Projects-CRCC JV: Construction of 8.21 km viaduct and 7 stations between Thaltej Gam-West Ramp
- Simplex Infrastructure: Construction of 8.94 km viaduct and 6 stations between Shreyas-Ranip
- Ranjit Buildcon: Construction of 4.85 km viaduct between Motera-Ranip
- Pratibha-Ranjit JV: Construction of 5 stations between Motera-Ranip
- Tata–CCECC JV: Construction of 8.21 km Viaduct, Sabarmati Bridge & 7 stations between Thaltej Gam-West Ramp
- Siemens India-Siemens AG JV: Electrification