The Silver Line is also known as Thiruvananthapuram–Kasargod Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor is the first proposed semi HSR double-track green railway corridor of Kerala state.
- Project Name: Thiruvananthapuram–Kasargod Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor (Silver Line)
- Project Owner: Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (K-Rail)
- General Consultant: SYSTRA MVA
- Project Completion Cost: Rs 63,941 crore (Rs 639.4 billion)
- Length: 530.6 km
- No. of Tracks: Two (Standard Guage)
- No. of Stations: 11
- Total Journey Hours: 4 Hours
- Ticket Price: Rs 1,463 one way (Rs 2.75 per km at 2020 level with 7.5% annual hike)
- Ridership: Approx. 80,000 passenger per day
- Project Deadline: 2025
Silver Line Semi High-Speed Rail Network
- Network Length: 530.6 km
- No. of Stations: 11
- Station Names: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Chengannur, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kochi Airport, Thrissur, Tirur, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasargod.
- No. of Coaches: 9/12
- Operating Speed: 200 km/h
- Traction: 25KV AC
- Signalling: ETCS-2 with LTE
Silver Line Project Cost - Rs 63,941 crore
- Ministry of Railway, Govt. of India: 10%
- Government of Kerala: 28%
- Government of Kerala (Deferred Payment): 2%
- Equity from HNIs/PSU/NRI: 7%
- Bilateral External Agency: 53%
Major Contract Awarded
- Systra MVA: General Consultant
- GeoKno India Private Limited: LiDAR and Geotechnical Investigation Work
- Tender for providing consultancy services for Land and Transit-Oriented Development of Kerala Semi High-Speed Rail project was opened on February 20, 2020.
- May 2019: Paris based firm Systra MVA submitted feasibility report of Thiruvananthapuram-Kasaragod Semi Semi High-Speed rail corridor with an estimated cost of Rs 56,443 crore to Government of Kerala.
- November 2019: K-Rail named the Semi-High Speed Rail Project as 'Silver Line'.
- January 2020: GeoKno India Private Limited completed the LiDAR and Geotechnical survey report of the project. The State Government had decided to set up land acquisition cells in 10 districts to acquire about 1,226.45 hectares land for the project.
- March 2020: Systra submitted the detailed project and alignment report of Silver Line with an estimated cost of Rs 63,941 crore.
- April 2020: K-Rail Board approved the detailed project and alignment report of the project.
Silver Line Route Map
Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (K-Rail), is a Joint Venture Company between Government of Kerala and Ministry of Railways, Government of India set up for complementing Indian Railways in augmenting the Railway Infrastructure within the State of Kerala. Each project conceived by K-Rail will be implemented through a Special PurposeVehicle. Read more at https://keralarail.com.