Patna Metro is a proposed Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) project to provide a smart transportation facility to the citizens of the capital of Bihar State.
- Project Name: Patna Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Patna Metro Rail Corporation Limited, Govt. of Bihar
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 13,479 Crores
- Network Length: 32.12 km
- Funding Pattern: Govt. of India (20%), Govt. of Bihar (20%) and Loan from Foreign Institutions (60%)
- Completion Target: 2023
- Status: Under construction
Patna Metro Rail Network
Corridor 1 (East-West): Danapur Cantonment - Khemni Chak
- Length: 16.86 km (Elevated- 9.36 km, Underground- 7.5 km)
- Total Stations: 14 (Elevated-8, Underground-6)
- Station Names: Danapur Cantonment, Saguna More, RPS More, Patliputra, Rukanpura, Raja Bazar, Patna Zoo, Vikas Bhawan, Vidyut Bhawan, Patna Junction (interchange), Mithapur, Ramkrishna Nagar, Jaganpur and Khemni Chak.
Corridor 2 (North-South): Patna Railway Station - New ISBT
- Length: 14.05 km (Elevated-6.0 km, Underground- 8.0 km)
- Total Stations: 12 (Elevated- 5, Underground- 7)
- Station Name: Patna Junction (interchange), Akashvani (formerly Dak Bungalow), Gandhi Maidan, PMCH, Patna University, Moin Ul Haq Stadium, Rajendra Nagar, Malahi Pakri, Khemni Chak, Bhoothnath, Zero Mile and New ISBT.
- Depot: New ISBT
- DMRC Limited: General Consultancy & Project Management
- CEG Group: Geotechnical Investigation and Soil Testing Works
- AECOM Singapore - AECOM India JV: Detailed Design Consultancy
- Systra MVA: Traction Consultancy
- NCC Limited (Package PC 01): For construction of 6.107 km elevated viaducts and five metro stations between Malai Pakri - New ISBT of Corridor 2 (Rs 552.93 crore)
- Quality Buildcon Pvt Ltd (Package PC 02): For construction of New ISBT depot for Corridor 1 & 2 (Rs 143.35 crore)
- Larsen & Tuoubro Ltd (Package PC-03): For construction of 8 km underground section between Rajendra Nagar - Patna Railway Juction including six Underground Stations of Corridor 2 (Rs 1,989 crore)
- YFC Projects-MCL JV (Package PC-04): For construction of 8-km elevated viaducts including 7 metro stations from Danapur to Jaganpura of Corridor 1 (Rs 553.5 crore)
Patna Metro: Progress so far
- Feb 6, 2019: Central Government approved the DPR of the project.
- Feb 17, 2019: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the project.