The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor consisting total of 22 railway stations (including 6 stations of Meerut Metro Rail Project) will connect Delhi to Meerut through a rapid rail network.
- Project Name: Delhi-Meerut RRTS Project
- Operator: National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana & Rajasthan
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 30,274.00 Crores (USD 3947.7 million)
- Funding Agency: AIIB, ADB
- Status: Under-Construction
- Deadline: 2024
Project Cost & Funding Pattern
Total Project Cost: US$ 3947.7 million
- AIIB: USD 500 million (12.66%)
- ADB: USD 1,549 million (39.24%)
- JFPR: USD 3 million (0.07%)
- Govt. of India, Govt. of Delhi & Govt. of UP: 1,897.7 million (48.05%)
Delhi-Meerut RRTS Network
- Route length: 82.15 km (Elevated-68.03 km, Underground-14.12 km, At grade-1.45 km)
- Number of RRTS Stations: 16
- Number of additional Stations for Meerut MRTS: 6
- Total journey time: 55 minutes
- Station Names: Sarai Kale Khan, New Ashok Nagar, Anand Vihar, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, Muradnagar, Modinagar South, Modinagar North, Meerut South, Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmpuri, Meerut Central, Bhaisali, Begumpul, Daurli, Meerut North, Modipuram.
- Depot: Duhai, Modipuram
Major Contract Awarded
- DIMTS: Consultant for preparation of Public Transport Travel Demand Model for RRTS in Delhi-NCR.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC): Financial Consultant on a retainer basis for planning and implementation support for the implementation of RRTS in Delhi-NCR.
- CRRI: Noise and Vibration Consultant.
- Egis Rail SA INECO Egis India Consortium: Interim Detailed Design Consultancy services of Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- JV of Ayesa Ingenieria Y Arquitectura: General Consultant (GC) for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- JV of Korea Railroad Technical Corporation & M: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for the Detailed Design of Track for the elevated viaduct, underground sections including all stations and depots.
- Ayesa India: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for detailed design and drawing of four numbers of elevated RRTS stations (Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar and Duhai) in the section from Sahibabad Ramp to EPE crossing and Maintenance depot at Duhai and Modipuram.
- Systra MVA Consulting: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for civil, architectural and E&M work of five numbers of elevated RRTS stations (Muradnagar, Modi Nagar-South, Modi Nagar-North, Meerut-South, Shatabdi Nagar) and two MRTS stations (Partapur and Rithani) and elevated viaduct after Duhai Station and Shatabdi Nagar including elevated viaduct from Duhai station to Duhai depot.
- KEC-CCECC JV: Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Sahibabad to Ghaziabad and two RRTS stations viz. Sahibabad and Ghaziabad (Package 1).
- APCO-CRFG JV: Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Ghaziabad to Duhai to connect Duhai depot and two RRTS stations viz. Guldhar and Duhai (Package 2).
- L&T Construction: Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Duhai to Shatabdi Nagar and seven RRTS stations viz. Muradnagar, Modinagar South, Modinagar North, Meerut South, Partapur, Rithani and Shatabdi Nagar [Package 3 (Lot 1 & Lot 2)].
- STEC: Construction of the underground tunnel from Ashok Vihar - Sahibabad including one station at Anand Vihar (Package 4).
- VNC-KEC JV: Construction of Duhai Depot and Workshop (Package 5A).
- Afcons Infrastructure: Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Sarai Kale Khan - New Ashok Vihar Down Ramp and two RRTS stations viz. Sarai Kale Khan and New Ashok Nagar (Package 6).
- L&T Construction: Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Shatabdi Nagar - Brahmpuri Down Ramp and five RRTS stations viz. Brahmapuri, MES Colony, Daurli, Meerut North and Modipuram (Package 7).
- Afcons Infrastructure: Construction of underground section from Brahampuri Down Ramp - Begumpul Up Ramp and three RRTS stations viz. Meerut Central, Bhaisali and Begumpul (Package 8).
- Sam India Builtwell: Construction of multi-storied staff quarters and connectivity from Mathura Road to Jangpura Stabling Yard (Package 9A).
- ArcelorMittal España: Supply of 22,000 MT of Head Hardened Rails (Package 13).
- Schwihag AG: Supply of Track Fastening System (Package 14).
- Voestalpine VAE VKN India: Supply of standard gauge 60 kg UIC turnouts and scissor crossovers (Package 15).
- L&T Construction: Supply of Ballastless Track from Sarai Kale Khan to Modi Puram including Jangpura Stabling Yard, Duhai and Modipuram Depots (Package 17).
- Schindler: Supply of Escalators (Package 21).
- OTIS: Supply of Elevators (Package 22).
- [Electrification] IRCON International: Supply of receiving substations (RSS) and traction overhead equipment (Package 19).
- [Signalling] Alstom Transport India: Supply of Signalling, Telecommunications and Train Control System (Package 24).
- [Rolling Stock] Bombardier Transportation: Supply of Rolling Stock - 210 standard gauge cars (30 regional commuter trainsets of six cars each and 10 intracity mass transit trainsets of three cars each), together with 15 years of rolling stock maintenance (Package 25).
Delhi-Meerut RRTS: Progress so far
- May 2017: Final DPR of the project approved by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- February 2019: Final DPR of the project approved by the Central Government.
- 8 March 2019: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for this project.
- June 2019: Pillar Construction work started.
- January 2023: Sahibabad-Meerut South section including Duhai Depot (38.05 km)
- January 2024: Hazrat Nizamuddin-Sahibabad (16.60 km)
- July 2024: Meerut South-Modipuram (37.40)