The Ahmedabad-Rajkot Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor is the first proposed semi HSR rail project in the Gujarat state.
- Project Name: Ahmedabad-Rajkot Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor
- Project Owner: Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE)
- General Consultant: Delhi Integrated Multimodal Transit System Limited (DIMTS)
- Project Completion Cost: Rs 28,291.44 crore (Rs 282.9 billion) - at 2019 level
- Length: 227.6 km
- No. of Stations: 6
- Total Journey Hours: 2 Hours
- Approx. Fare: Rs 3.25 per km (Rs 731.25 one way)
- Ridership: Approx. 30,079 passenger per day
- Project Deadline: 2023
Semi High-Speed Rail Network
- Network Length: 227.6 km
- No. of Stations: 6
- Station Names: Sabarmati, Sanand, Bawla, Limbdi, Chotila and Rajkot.
- Train Type: T18 (Vande Bharat Express)
- No. of Trains: 9
- No. of Coaches: 10
- Operating Speed: 160 km/h
- Traction: 25KV AC
Project Cost Break-Up
- Civil Construction: Rs 21,391.44 crore
- Land Acquisition Cost: Rs 4,500.00 crore
- Rolling Stock Procurement: Rs 600 crore
- Depot Facility: Rs 500 crore
- Other costs (including design and PMC): Rs 1,300 crore
Major Contract Awarded
- DIMTS: General Consultant
- November 2019: The Gujarat Government gave in-principal approval to Ahmedabad-Rajkot Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor.
Salient Features of the Project
- The proposed semi high-speed rail link will definitely benefit from the link that Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed rail corridor has created by linking to the remotest parts of the state.
- The travel time between Ahmedabad and Rajkot with this semi high-speed rail connects shall be reduced to less than 2 hours, which otherwise takes about 4.5 hours by road.
- This project will reduce the travel time between Rajkot and Mumbai from 12-13 hours to less than 5 hours.
- It shall provide seamless connectivity for users to travel up to Mumbai, within the same time, by integration with the Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed rail corridor.
- This project will boost the growth in Religious & Wildlife tourism in Saurashtra Region as a whole.
Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE) is a joint venture company incorporated on 6th January 2017 with equity contribution of 51% and 49% from the Government of Gujarat and Ministry of Railway, Government of India respectively. G-RIDE has a mission to develop and augment critical Railway Development projects, enhance the capacity of High-Density Network and provide last mile railway connectivity with the main railway line of the State with high standards of safety and efficiency by adopting the best technological practices, sound financial strategy and optimum utilization of resources through implementing large capacity creation programs.
Read more at https://gride.org.in.