(Image © Urban Transport News)
Bengaluru, India (Urban Transport News): The Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited (K-RIDE), a joint venture of the Government of Karnataka & Ministry of Railways, Government of India, is engaged in the development of the Bengaluru Suburban Railway Project (BSRP) over a length of 148 kilometers and as part of this endeavor, K-RIDE has decided to enter into a lease, maintenance and operation (with provision of onboard Train Operators only) agreement for the Trains. K-RIDE has, therefore, decided to carry out the bidding process for selection of an entity for providing rolling stock on lease basis for BSRP.
K-RIDE has issued a request for qualification (RfQ) for the selection of partner for the design, manufacturing, supply, commissioning, operation and maintenance of 264 coaches (rolling stock) for the Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project.
The Selected Bidder shall be responsible-
- to make available to K-RIDE on lease basis 264 cars as per specifications given in the tender documents and suuply the requisite number and composition of Trains i.e. three or six Cars each to be decided by K-RIDE at the Bid Stage for BSRP within a tentative period of 3 to 5.
- to undertake maintenance of the Trains;
- to provide Train Operators during period of 35 years in each case under and in accordance with provisions of the Agreement. In order to meet such availability requirement of 264 Cars (requisite number and composition of Trains), the Applicant shall be solely responsible for assessing the actual number of Cars that it shall require to procure, manufacture or keep available in its stock, as the case may be.
- Tender Notice No. (RFQ No.): KRIDE/BSRP/18/2023
- Issue Date: 25th January 2023
- Work: Selection of Entity for Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Commissioning, Operation, and Maintenance of Rolling Stock on PPP Model for Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project.
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 27th February 2023
- Last Date for submission of Bids: 15th March 2023 till 15.00 hrs
- Bids Opening Date: 16th March 2023 at 15.00 hrs
Rolling Stock Specifications
- Maximum Operating Speed: 80 kmph
- Design Speed: 90 kmph
- Car Body Material: Stainless Steel/Aluminum
- Maximum width of the coach: 3,200 mm
- Maximum length of the coach body: 21,740 mm
- Maximum length of each car over buffers: 22,600 mm
- Tare weight of each complete car with bogies: 42T
The Bengaluru Suburban Rail will span a total network of 148.17 km with 57 stations planned across four corridors in six directions of Bengaluru, which includes Kengeri (Mysuru side), Chikkabanavara (Tumakuru side), Rajanukunte (Doddaballapura side), Devanahalli (Kolar side), Whitefield (Bangarapet side), and Heelalige. The estomated project cost of this project is Rs 15,767 crore.