Chennai, India (Urban Transport News): The 3rd rake of the next-generation Vande Bharat Express Train is ready to be introduced on the Indian railways' network soon. Union Railway Minister, Ashwini Vaishnaw has recently inaugurated the Vande Bharat train’s new prototype at Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai
The new Vande Bharat Train has also completed its trial run successfully from ICF Chennai to Padi and then back on 13th August 2022.
Railway Minister said that the new Vande Bharat train has innovative features which make it a world-class train. He also witnessed the commissioning activities at the furnishing divisions of ICF and said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi set a target last year to make 75 Vande Bharat Express trains on the 75th anniversary of India’s independence. Keeping up with the PM’s vision 75 Vande Bharat Express trains would be manufactured and rolled across the nation before August 15, 2023.
Here are some new features of new Vande Bharat Trains:
- The new Vande Bharat trains will have automatic opening of passenger doors. Railway Passengers will not be allowed to board or de-board on moving trains.
- There will be comfortable space in the driver’s cabin for the loco pilots to operate the train.
- The trains will have reclining chairs for the comfort of passengers,
- There will be specially designed toilets for passengers who are differently abled.
- The trains will be tested at a speed of 180 kmph and will traverse 50,000 km and it will have better acceleration and slowing down capabilities
- The testing includes dynamic, static, load test and oscillation trials which will be carried out on different kind of situations.
- All coaches are equipped with emergency lighting, GPS based audio-visual passenger information system, on-board hotspot Wi-Fi for entertainment purposes, and very comfortable seating. The executive class also has rotating chairs.
- All toilets are bio-vacuum type. The lighting is dual mode, viz. diffused for general illumination and personal for every seat.
- Every coach has a pantry with facilities to serve hot meals, hot and cold beverages. The insulation is meant to keep heat and noise to very low levels for additional passenger comfort.
- The trains will be equipped with anti-collision Kavach safety technology.
- These train will have platform side cameras including rear-view cameras
After the trials, ICF will manufacture more such trains. As many as 475 such trains will be made in four years to cover all the states.
The 3rd Vande Bharat train will run on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route but the exact date of its inaugural run is not yet finalised.